As The World Turns....Mystie Blu

Just a Little Preview of What Really Goes on inside My World.

Friday, April 21, 2006

No DisRespect

Dare to dream big. A catch phrase, but tangible. Your thoughts can not manifest without prayer and action. Fear is the devil's veil over your eyes, so you must learn to see without them. It's not where you are, but where you desire to be. Are you in the same place you were last week? Think about it. I'm out like Tom Cruise at an Easter Play.

- Cocktails


I swear that I'm secretly in love with this man or maybe I'm just smitten with his way of thinking 'cause I'm not really accustomed to interacting with too many Brothas that can actually stimulate and captivate my mind and everytime I hear this brotha speak or any other spoken word artists for that matter I'm engulfed in a world unknown to man nor woman kind or at least that's how I feel but let me proceed to the topic that's been weighing heavily on my mind for some time...."Baby Mama/Daddy." I never took a liking to this term that is so comfortably spoken by many individuals within my community today...I don't know why but growing up as a child I was never groomed to be NO BODIES Baby Mama. It's something I just can't fathom for some odd reason for instance, How can you produce such a heavenly creature with a woman and not want to marry her or vice versa? The only motive I can conjure up is two people NOT thinking and acting out their Lust in the heat of the moment, consequently majority of the stories of how many babies came to be today fell right into this statement..."It just happened...it wasn't like it was planned or anything"....I think the first person that blessed my ears with this phrase had to be my ex-boyfriend/friend...and from that point on it seems like its been on repeat whenever I run into someone else. So what's up?!?!? Are people just not caring to THINK anymore? or Are we as women so bent out of shape for not having a stable man in our lives till we are willing to have a baby with someone who we know doesn't plan on marrying us let alone doesn't possess any intentions to build any type of positive foundation as a family other than agreeing on who gets to spend time with the baby on certain holiday's?

If you haven't caught on yet then allow me to update you ....I'm slightly pissed off at this ever increasing trait that seems to be viewed as a damn fad within my community. I guess being raised in a strict traditional household has somehow overlapped into my adulthood in regards to how relationships are developing now a days. I believe we as a people are just too content with the ways of the world today. Were my parents the only ones along with a handful of others within my community preaching to their children on how precious ones own temple is along with other various words of wisdom that a child is suppose to hear growing up?!?!? What's really going on?

My discontent with this massive situation is due largely to the affect that it has on children in the long run and again No Disrespect intended to my B-A...B-Y...M-A...M-A's or D-A-D-D-Y's but does no one care to take heed that this pattern has been stuck on repeat for how long? Black people My people Oh How I love my Black People! When are we gonna get this shit together? How many more decades is it gonna take for us to realize that no human being brought into this world is gonna substitute the love we have for SELF? I'm hurting y'all.... 'cause every time I speak out about it all I hear is responses of acceptance that this is just how it is and this is how its gonna be...Does anybody feel me? OR...

Do I need to write a poem so my people can feel me to join me in this fight to liberate not only our bodies but our minds so sick of turning on my TV and seeing nothing but naked behinds the Idiot Box got me progammed into thinking that something is wrong with the minds.. of today my mama keep telling me "baby just get down on your knees and pray" but God knows I can't hold this world up on my own starting to run out of ideas to express to my future kings and queens on how we originated on Thrones my peer told me the other day I needed to get a man in my life I replied with I did but I can't make him see me as his wife homey, lover, friend maybe that seems to fly easily with the brothas who never cared to take the time and really see me but I ain't got time to cater to a man running in circles gotta continue to get my shit together and condition my legs to keep jumping these m*****f***in hurdles that life strategically seems to place in my way fed up with these brothas hollering at me inside their cars shouting,"Hey SHWATY don't you want to be my BAY-BAY's.... mama?" negro please don't insult my intelligence while belittling my Aura as if it has no relevance I sit Malcolm X styled while thIking about this treatment that I've been receIving from brothas that refuse to grow up and cease being so damn mislEading to our youth NAY to the society as a whole a WISE MAN once told me that there is 'Power in Numbers' so why the fuck do I feel so alone?..... maybe it's because I know I am the only one who is really listening to the words in this poem. Peace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good shit.

---DJ AC Cruz

12:45 PM  
Blogger As The World Turns....Mystie Blu said...

Gracias Papi :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Yeah, the dating game is a killa’! Never settle!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home